Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Agents of Deterioration


In the year 1994, from out of space comes a runaway planet, hurtling between the Earth and the Moon, unleashing cosmic destruction. Man's civilization is cast in ruin. Two thousand years later, Earth is reborn... A strange new world rises from the old; a world of savagery, superscience, and sorcery.

With the big leagues upgrading to rFactor 2, looks like I got no ride this season. I knew this time would come, but I thought they might go one more year before the big switch while rF2 gets ironed out and tweaked. Too bad they went ahead this year; I saw in the forums they were having some netcode problems or something. Should I just buy a new pc or laptop and try to catch up? I've only missed the opening race so far. And I must really need another season as a backmarker and grid filler. 

I guess it's back to public servers for me. If I can win some races there, maybe I can apply for league racing again in the future. It all feels like when you are reading a choose-your-own-adventure book and you find a bad end, so you have to go back to a certain page and start over. I wonder if it will be any easier, now that I have a memory of my mistakes.

It seems, we can remember the past and can use this ability to project ourselves into the future. I imagine this dyschronistic condition to be like trying to drive a car while seated facing backwards. You can only really see what is behind you as you move forward. Of course this is all just time perception bullshit. It is what I have observed therefore more testing is required.

No comments:

Post a Comment