Wednesday, April 29, 2015

once was mine now undone


And it's back to Monaco for Round 4 of Season #8 over at rFR World F1 League. I have done some practice laps and I'm about 4 seconds behind per lap so far. I think I can find maybe 2 seconds more, if I weren't so afraid of the walls. Monaco is usually a race of attrition so as long as I can bring the car home there is a chance to score points. 

The good news is, I was able to open my account at the previous race in Jacarepagua, Brazil. Last season I didn't score until Round 7, so things are much better already. The grid is smaller this season, with some regular drivers sitting it out because of dissatisfaction with the FSOne 2008 mod. That means more chances for us backmarkers and grid-fillers and I'm expecting a higher final standing and points tally compared to last year.

The bad news is, my teammate (and previous race winner) Crystakke is one of the drivers who seem to have had trouble coming to grips with the current mod. I was sort of counting on him for some setups but he hardly practices and has only shown up for one race. And even there I was clearly faster and better prepared than he was. 

Anyway, there are a few more days to prepare for this toughest of races, Monaco, the so-called "Jewel of the F1 Crown". And there is still a long season and a lot of racing ahead. If I improve, I think I can finish this season in the top ten. 


No comments:

Post a Comment