Wednesday, April 28, 2021

malevolent mercy




Racin Nexus IMSA GTE series has been cancelled. The mod was causing mismatches or something. I suggested we race with Sport Prototypes League Edition 2.2 mod (Group C cars). I had some good races with this mod back when we ran it in SRO. I guess Dragan liked it so now this is the next series up. A whole schedule has been drawn up, with a wet race and a night race to boot. I was really excited for this series. 

However, Dragan made some changes to the cars, and it has become another Racin Nexus style mod. After DTM and F1 in RN style (and the failed GTE mod, too), I have just about had it trying to figure out how to drive an RN mod. It is just too tough for a talentless hack like me. The car doesn't respond to setup changes the way I am accustomed to. The tires heat up and cool down a lot faster compared to what I have experienced in other mods. It all seems too extreme and hardcore. I will continue testing, but I might withdraw from this series. I like a challenge but I am no masochist.

No comments:

Post a Comment