Sunday, July 3, 2011

Next Voyage



Not looking forward to another race at Silverstoned. Don't get me wrong, I know this track is a classic and the "Silicon Valley" of Formula One, but I never did enjoy any lap at the disused airfield. The new arena section has made the lap longer and added new twists, but to me it is just another tedious sequence of corners. Round and round in some bare flatland grassfield, I'll take Interlagos or Imola over this track any day.


One of my best endurance races ever was at Daytona Road Course for the opening event of the 2010 IMSA Camel GT Championship season by Historic Simracing Organization. For this series we used Redline GTP mod for NASCAR2003 and I ran the famed Mazda 787B. With plenty of practice, I was easily the fastest driver/car in Lights class and finished 11th overall out of 22 runners despite 8 disconnections. An excellent performance (if I do say so myself) that buoyed me on to 5 consecutive wins and 6 wins out of 8 races, and I was sitting pretty on top of the Lights Division Championship with a huge points gap. It would have been my first ever championship but unfortunately the series got cancelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment