Monday, June 27, 2011

under my live body

2011 FiHS F1 World Championship
Round 9: Valencia



I expected to be way off as usual, but with some drivers absent and a few others running into trouble early I found myself fighting for P9 before the first round of pit stops. I was able to squeeze almost 20 laps out of the Primes and was in a decent position when two "Scotts" (Brown and Sebastian) started to reel me in. The Ferrari got past before the swing bridge  and I think a lap later the STR tried a move in the first corner and tapped me in the back. He spun as he went past me and as I turned in I hit him pretty bad. My car got real bent while the STR had to retire, but somehow I made it back to the pits. After a lengthy stop I was able to go out again but the balance was gone and I was losing the rear under heavy braking. I spun it several times and had to baby the car around the corners. Finally the brakes gave up and I had to retire. A shame really, as I think I could have finished 10th or better and scored points. 




No comments:

Post a Comment