Saturday, June 18, 2011

Time is Dead


A week to go until the European Grand Prix at the big street circuit in the port of Valencia and I've only done a few recon laps. I should be practicing harder, but it is difficult to get motivated when one expects to be around 4-6 seconds slower per lap compared to the fast guys. Also, I'm feeling tired and sleepy from this latest detox attempt and all the little aches and pains that have recurred aren't helping any. Maybe I should just smoke up and drink up and feel numb like I used to... it won't help my lap times but at least I'll be enjoying the drive.

Valencia is a relatively new track, having been added to the F1 calendar only in 2008, but already I keep some significant memories from racing here. This is where I collided with "the Wizard" Steven Matthies in a bizarre blue flag incident while he was leading the race. It cost him the victory and severely compromised his championship bid that year. Believe it or not, I also won a race here (what?!) back when I was running with the Sofa King Racing League. Seems so unreal now but I guess it really did happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment