Sunday, June 17, 2012

Victory in Montreal



The practice times were pretty close, so I took out some fuel in qualifying to try and get pole position. I missed it by .039 seconds, but with the front row start I was able to take the lead by the second corner and from there control the pace of the race.

It became obvious that I was running less downforce than everybody else. The others would catch me up in the corners, but I would pull away as soon as we hit the back straight. This would be the pattern of the first half of the race, where I slowly built a 2 second gap to the chasing pack.

With less fuel onboard I was the first to make a pitstop. On schedule and with no problems, I rejoined the race in 4th while everyone else ahead still had to make their stop. After their pitstops I was back in the lead, but now more than 4 seconds ahead.


 I was able to maintain the gap using my top speed advantage and was never threatened the rest of the way. A good race for me, a consistent drive, a convincing win, a very encouraging result. Thanks to everyone at Hammerdown Racing League and thank you Racing Gods.






Pics and Vid by Scuba Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment