Sunday, January 6, 2013

[TT] Servers - F1 Liga 2013


I know, I know, I said no more racing...

I found this interesting league while checking out the public servers running RFT2012 mod. I think Tripp the admin is from Sweden and the grid is composed of European drivers. The series features 20 lap sprints that start on 2am on Sunday here (if my time conversion is right), and the 20 race season will be over by June. The website carries several motorsport tv feeds, but it was the 80's music broadcast hiding in the corner that convinced me to sign-up and run the HRT.

Anyway, if I do find a regular job it shouldn't interfere with the Saturday night / Sunday morning schedule. It reminds me of those HSO endurance races I contested some years ago that also started past midnight. I dunno yet how fast the grid is, and I'm sure my lap times will be slower as I don't run the KERS/DRS plug-in, but I think I will do well in this series. Maybe even win some races. Wow, a bit of confidence? Really? It's a good feeling and I will savor it until it goes away. 

Meanwhile, it seems there is no activity at Hammerdown Racing League. The Thursday night series over there had died and it seems everyone has taken an extended holiday break. At FiHS, there is plenty of talk about switching to rFactor 2, the new engine that I haven't tried. I'm not sure my vintage car can even run it properly. So it looks like Tripp Team is the trick for 2013. 


No comments:

Post a Comment