Monday, October 30, 2017

NEURASTHENIA

Another DNF in the HSO WEC series. After almost 1 hour of intense racing I got involved in another lapping incident. I got punted off, spun, and hit the wall a few times. If there was a larger runoff space I might have saved it. I was able to make it back to the pits and get repairs, and rejoined 10 laps behind the nearest guy. The car just didn't feel the same and I couldn't get up to the speeds I hit in practice. And so, being concerned that I was just being a nuisance on the track, after about 90 total minutes, I decided to park it.

Years ago, I would have carried on. But back then, with the cars we were racing with, the speed difference wasn't so great compared to the leaders. And I was younger, stronger, and crazier back then. I was getting lapped every 7-8 laps during the start of this race and I felt that it was just not worth it to be a mobile chicane. At least, the dead pedal I installed worked well.

I'll probably skip the final round of this series. I need more training before I try an endurance race again. And maybe I'll run a faster car next time, too. Anyway, it was a good learning experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment