Sunday, December 2, 2018

Formula B USA Trophy Series Preview


Next up, SRO's Formula B USA Trophy Series. I am already signed up for this eight race season and I have about ten days to figure out how to drive these cars fast. The first race is at Laguna Seca, a track I know well, so that reduces some of the workload and I just have to find my car setup. The Formula B car is not that powerful, but it is an open wheel purpose built racecar that is lightweight and easy to throw around the corners. Since it is a 60's era machine there aren't any electronic aids like TC and ABS, and they are still a handful to drive at the limit.

Tamas Fodor and Csaba Lako, 1st and 2nd in the final standings of the previous series are also already signed up, so I know I have to improve if I'm gonna beat those guys. Ken Jagger is once again our host and he will be formidable on the track as well. I wonder who else from the previous series will run in this one.

Needless to say, I am excited and feel positive for another season of racing. The only hitch is the race start time which is 3AM where I am located. Looks like I will be perpetually jet lagged until April next year. I was able to do it for the previous series and did not miss a race in that one, so no worries really.


No comments:

Post a Comment