Thursday, November 21, 2019

a notion of truth

Here's the schedule for Virtual Open Wheel Series Season 5. Pretty much a standard F1 season slate, with the addition of TT-Circuit Assen. This is the only track on the schedule where I haven't raced before. Familiarity with the tracks will certainly help my overall performance. And it will be good to return to my "home" track of Interlagos. I haven't raced there in a long time.


And here are the teams and drivers. There are some familiar names on the roster, guys I've raced with before at rFR, SRO, and OFR leagues. Looks to be a fast, experienced grid. Max Reichel is the current series champion.


Preseason testing for VOWS Season 5 has been going well. My best lap is right up there with the fast guys, but it was a lucky lap. I haven't been able to string together my best sector times consistently. I'm starting to get comfortable in the car, and have a good idea which setup values to change to produce the desired effect. 

This week though, I am in Macau for the finale of OFR Season 4. It is my first time to run on the famous Circuito da Guia and wow it is a doozy. Half the track is a flat out blast through wide straights, the other half a twisty rollercoaster through narrow streets. It is a perfect venue for the Formula E street fighter cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment