Friday, November 29, 2019

for me it was Tuesday

OFR Season 4 Review




I finished 4th in the final standings, not bad I guess since I missed the start of the season and got disco'ed in Round 2. I got two podiums, 3rd in Norisring and 2nd in Macau, I also got pole position in Macau. My performance improved throughout the season, as I got familiar with the fixed setup, and as the grid thinned out as some drivers abandoned their campaign.

There was no stopping Nicholas Ramacci, he was simply the fastest in these FE cars. I think only Marco Santoni had the speed to keep up with him but he quit midseason as did other drivers. The other drivers who finished ahead of me, Arturo Smaglia and Mark Kyere, were faster than me, but I beat them in some races when the conditions favored me.

Overall, an amusing season, with some wild and wacky races at first when there were plenty of drivers who seemed only casually interested in racing, and then some nice, straightforward, clean racing towards the end when the grid was reduced. It was a lot of fun to see myself racing on Youtube.

But the most important thing to happen this season was my finally getting on Discord. It has opened up a lot of opportunities for racing with various leagues. I didn't know there was a large community of rFactor drivers on here. There will be more races and more chances to win in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment