Thursday, June 11, 2020

Cryonic Canticle

SRO Sports 2000 Series - Final Standings

full results here

Congrats to Jim Giannopoulos, Series Champion. Miguel Santos was the only driver who had the speed to challenge, but he had some uneven performances. Fabio Lozio was the surprise winner of the final race.

6th place overall ain't the worst but I expected more. I had the speed for some podium finishes based on the lap times, but in the races I would often get stuck behind someone and just couldn't make the overtake. Going into the final race I was third in the standings by a slim margin of 2 points, but a bad case of brain fade resulted in a crash and I dropped down 3 places in the championship. I also crashed out in the fifth round, and you can't expect a good final result with two DNFs in a six race series.

Anyway, that series is over. Now I can focus on the final two rounds of OEC Season 1, including the 5 Hours Le Mans Race. The admin says this race will include entries from MRTI League, so I am expecting a big grid.

No comments:

Post a Comment