Monday, June 15, 2020

overmorrow


Signed up for a newly opened league, FORMULA 1 rFactor 1991. I'm back in my favorite Minardi and it's all systems go. The car is great fun to drive and I think I won't be far behind the fast guys here. 24 drivers signed up so far, so there will be a huge grid in the opening races.

Races will only be 20 laps but Damage is set at 100%, so I expect a lot of action leading to dire consequences. Fuel and tires are at 3x so at least 1 pitstop is necessary, but Mechanical Failures are switched off.

There will be a preseason test at Interlagos in three days, and it will be a good chance to see where my place is in this grid. There will be 16 races total and the season champion will receive a Steam key as prize. Racing with a Minardi in Interlagos? I'm coming home.


FORMULA 1 rFactor 1991 Season Races


Update: They changed the schedule from Wednesdays to Mondays and Thursdays. Twice a week races with only 2-3 days practice in-between will be tough. There's also been talk of becoming a fixed setup series, but it has been open setup on the server so far. It is a new league and there have been plenty of changes in the last few days, like the damage setting and tyre wear. I'm thinking of withdrawing from this series.

---

Of course, my mind is still really at the event of the year; the 5 hours Le Mans Race - OEC Season 1 Finale. It's on in less than two weeks and I am waiting patiently for the track download. I am fighting for 2nd place overall in the championship standings and I will train hard for this race.

Update: Been doing a lot of practice on the server so far, some long stints with heavy fuel, but mostly hotlaps with a light car. Just tweaking the setup and finding a few tenths here and there. I'm in the midfield on the leaderboard. A lot of the new guys are really fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment