Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Across the Panthalassa

 


SRO Saleen Mustang Series is complete. Congrats to Fabio Lozio, series champion! He took 5 wins out of 7 rounds and was competitive in every event. As for me, I finish 5th of overall. I thought I would do better as I felt good about the car during preseason and could hit consistent lap times. I even did a tour of all the tracks and got the car setup to my liking. However, when the series started I found out I was about 1-2 seconds a lap behind the fast guys. I was still optimistic, but I knew I wasn't going to be a frontrunner. I shifted my focus to the DTM series because I was having a difficult time with that car. So, I suppose a 5th place overall finish is okay for a less than 100% effort. I'm just not good enough right now to run two different series at the same time and with two very different cars at that. 

Full series results here.

Well, now I can direct my full attention to the upcoming Racin Nexus F1 2004 Series. I have been running a lot of laps, trying out different setup configurations. It's been going well so far, and I think I will be in a good level of preparation when this series starts next year. So far it has been just hotlapping, but soon I will move to full race stint practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment