Thursday, December 24, 2020

Lag Rider : The Nth time

 

Preseason testing has begun for Racin Nexus F1 2004 series. We will be using RH2004 mod that has been customised by Dragan Djuricic. I was having problems with the car at first, but with some help from Dimitris Giannopolous, I now have a workable base setup. I'm still behind the fast guys, but I am confident that I will reduce the gap in the coming days. Just have to put the laps in, familiarize myself with the car, and nibble away. 

It's been awhile since I drove a full-on F1 car. I have to re-acquaint myself to the acceleration, the cornering speeds, the braking... Gotta be lighter on my feet and more precise with the steering inputs. Everything goes by so fast it is so easy to miss my marks. And the noise! These monsters got them high revving V10s. It can get tiring after a few laps with the sensory overload. I have to work on my stamina as well.

Here we have the driver list for this series. Most of these names are familiar to me now. And most of them are faster than me. We have a full 20 car grid, but some other drivers who are not on the list have been testing as well so it could be a different grid on race night. Looks like it will be Dragan and Dimitris fighting for the series championship. Maybe I can finish as high as 5th in the final standings.




No comments:

Post a Comment