Thursday, March 4, 2021

bill in the flanks


Another endurance race at Le Mans! Yes nice! This event is hosted by rFactor Sim Racing Alliance and will use the Enduracers mod. My entry has been approved and I am gonna run a Murcielago R-GT in the GT1 class. I was thinking of joining the LMP1 category and trying for the overall win, but I just couldn't resist driving the Lambo. Anyway, I don't think I would have been a frontrunner whatever category I chose to participate in. I just want to survive the night and finish the race.



pics from Pascal Mikula

Meanwhile, we are now halfway through the Racin Nexus F1 2004 season and I am currently at 5th place in the standings. I could have been as high as 2nd, but my internet connection conked out for a week and I missed Round 5, and I disco'ed on the last lap and lost a podium finish in Round 6. But even if I could have been in 2nd place in the standings, I am nowhere near the fast guys. In fact, I haven't finished a race in the lead lap at all in this series. 


As it is, my motivation for this series has waned, and with the big race at Le Mans coming up my interest has shifted. But I will keep on fighting and we will see where we end up at season's end. I'm still confident I can move up the standings, and I can still try to get better in terms of lap times and close the gap to the fast guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment