Monday, March 28, 2022

all hail the algorithm

 


There was a huge response when signups opened for Rebellion League - IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge. I think there are over 80 drivers signed up now. With most of the drivers signing up for the GT division, I decided to move to the Touring Car division and run a Honda Civic. I show up for the test race at Daytona and was doing alright, just getting to know the car and remembering how to drive a FWD car fast. More drivers enter the server and when the grid got bigger than twenty my rFactor started to crash. On the third failure I decided to bin it. I remember last December I tried to race with a big grid and had an rFactor crash just as we had started the formation lap. It seems my vintage PC can't handle big grids. Anyway I have withdrawn my entry to this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment