Monday, November 28, 2022

lucid decapitation

Racin Nexus Blancpain GT Series - Round 1 at Watkins Glen

It was all going very well, I was fastest in the Practice session and I also got Pole Position. Unfortunately I got punted off by Arlindo TC in the first lap and should have died really. It was a big crash but the marshalls flipped my car right side up and I was able to return to the pits and get repaired. With damage all around the car body and both front and rear wings needing to be replaced I had to wait in the pits for a long time. I was able to rejoin the race somehow still in the lead lap but it was only a matter of time before the leaders would lap me.

I was down to 10th and so it was a recovery drive but with an impaired car. I got some positions back with some DNFs ahead. I was up to 5th and fighting Nedic Mitar for 4th place. I had tried a couple of overtakes but he was able to defend. I had another opportunity but then he closed the door and I didn't back off this time and we collided. It was a compounded incident with a backmarker and I ended up hitting the wall and having to pit again for more repairs. After my second pitstop I was able to chase down Nedic Mitar and take the 4th place just one lap from the finish.

It was and wild and wacky race but at least I know I have the speed to win against this grid in these cars. I just have to stay out of trouble and I can get a good result. I think a podium finish was even possible here if I didn't have the incident with Nedic Mitar. It should have been a big DNF so I am happy to get the 4th place.

No comments:

Post a Comment