Sunday, October 15, 2023

MODERN ARTS IN FEAR BOOKS!


Signed up for Online Racing League WEC Series. We will be using the Bravo WEC 2018-2019 mod. There are two classes, LMP1 and GTE Pro, and I'll be running the Porsche 911RSR, pretty much the same car we are using in OEL and also the same car from OEC some years ago. So, at least I am very familiar with the car and don't need much practice to set it up. I know all the tracks on the calendar as well, and preparing for the races won't be difficult.

I did run into some problems with the RFE plugin, though. It would DQ me every time I entered the server, saying my plugin wasn't up to date. I did several re-installs of rFactor, the mod, and the plugin but still the same result. And then I remembered I had encountered this bug years ago in rFR League. The DQ happens upon entry to the server, but it will clear as long as you are on the server and any session is started/restarted. So, I was able to put in some practice laps online just before the first race in Sebring.

The race itself didn't go well. I qualified 3rd in GTE Pro class, only to get disco'ed on lap 2. DNF is just the worst ever result. Better luck next race. 

No comments:

Post a Comment