Monday, October 30, 2023

seinfeld kramer sleep cycle


I just did a big back-to-back event; a Le Mans 3 Hours with OEL and a Spa 2 Hours with ORL, with less than 24 hours break in-between races. Both races were time scaled and we ran for a bit at night. My back, shoulders, and neck are still sore, and I am seeing dark spots or tiny bright flashes at random. I guess I just need to get a good sleep to recover. 

I did well at the OEL Le Mans Race, finishing 2nd (but a lap behind) to the superfast Elia Tartari. ET the alien, he was just untouchable. I had a race long battle against the VeeTeam car, they had two drivers and were faster, but they had a jumpstart penalty that got me ahead early. From there I just kept the pace and held onto the position. I got tired though, and if the race were any longer, I'm sure they would have caught and passed me. With the 2nd place at Le Mans, I finish 2nd overall in the final standings of the OEL series.

The Spa Race with ORL was not as good. I wasn't able to practice much and my pitstop strategy was not ideal. I was leading the GT class for a few laps but when it got dark and the temps went down, I couldn't maintain my pace. A little bit after the halfway point I just lost my energy and rhythm and couldn't push at all. I went into Limp Home mode and just scraped by to finish 3rd in GT class.

For sure, endurance races on consecutive nights isn't easy. But then again, I ain't no spring chicken and was never really into the healthy lifestyle thing. If I want to get better at sim racing, certain changes have to made with regards to my physical fitness.




No comments:

Post a Comment