Friday, March 1, 2024

fever coat

 


Signed up for HRL Season 5 - Super Formula Japan. Gonna be the second driver for Action Express Lotus. The lead driver and team owner is Balint Borkovitz. I finished 2nd to him in OEL WEC series - GT class last year. He is a fast guy and I hope to support him in winning the team championship.

I have started testing with the car and it hasn't been easy. More than a hundred laps just to get a good baseline setup. Now it is time for the little tweaks and find a good pace. I think it is somewhere in between an F1 and an F2 in terms of its capability. There is also a push-to-pass system that gives a power boost for a total of 100 seconds. We can use this anytime, so I still have to figure out how to optimize this during the race.

So far, ten teams have registered for this all-Japan series. With two drivers per team, it will be a big grid. It's my first time racing with HRL so I am not familiar with the pecking order. But most of the drivers who have signed up I have raced with in other leagues, and I have done testing or racing on all of the tracks in the schedule, so I think I can get some good results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment