Monday, September 13, 2021

CMH | Gold Star Round 8: GP2 2005 - Bahrain Sprint and Feature Races

 


A good event for me; 2 races 2 podiums. This GP2 2005 car was tricky to drive, so I set it up to plant the rear end when under acceleration as much as possible. I sacrificed some top speed, but the car was safer and more predictable to drive. So, in the races a few guys were faster than me, but they were more erratic and eventually fell behind. I was patient and made less mistakes to come through to 2nd place in the Feature Race and 3rd in the Sprint. 

I don't know if it was a better setup, superior technique, or what, but there was no answer for Lorenzo Iturri. He was just way ahead of everyone else. Congratulations to him for 2 dominant victories. I didn't watch his laps but he had a high top speed yet could somehow control the rear end and was fast even in the twisty middle sector.

Big thanks to all participating drivers and to the admins of CMH. It was fun racing and it is not often I get to watch myself on a proper race broadcast. There was even a break for commercials. I should join more CMH events. Maybe next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment