Sunday, November 21, 2021

thermite infestation

 


Something I find strange with this BMW M1 car from Virtua_LM GTPC mod; the tires sound like they are constantly scrubbing even at low speeds. Even launching from a standstill the tires are already making some sort of scraping noise. Because of this constant sound it's a little hard to tell when the tires are going to lose grip and break away. It happens with the other cars I have tested (Porsche 930, Mazda 717C...) so I wonder if it is a quirk of the whole mod. 

I turned up the engine volume to try and drown out this tire sound, but only a little bit because I need to hear when the tires are on the limit. It didn't help much. I also tried a different .sfx file and this scrubbing sound only got more prominent. The default car sound also features a lot of squeaks and rattles on top of that constant tire scrub. It's annoying me now when I am just doing short stints in order to setup the car. I wonder how it will be like over the whole 6 hours of the race. Maybe I will get used to it as my preparation for the big event continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment