Tuesday, November 28, 2023

failing forward

 


It should have been another back-to-back races weekend with ORL Bahrain 2 Hours and F1 CWC Round 2 in Brazil, but with no solution to the lag issues with F1 CWC server I've had to leave the F1 series. Gonna miss that Minardi, and I was starting to get comfortable with the car, too.

Meanwhile, the ORL Race was just another so-so event for me. Although I got the pole position in GT class, it was only because Balint Borkovitz made a mistake in Qualifying. He was clearly the fastest GT package throughout the whole event. I was able to stay within 3-5 seconds of him during the first hour, when we were on the Medium tire and heavy fuel load. But when I switched to Softs and lighter fuel load, I pushed too hard to make up the gap and made some mistakes that let him pull away. On the final stint I just got tired and couldn't push anymore, ending up more than 30 seconds behind by the checkered flag. I did get 2nd place in the race and that moves me up to 2nd in the Series Standings, however Balint's 3rd consecutive victory means he has sealed the GT championship. Even if the final round in Le Mans were double points, he can't be caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment