Tuesday, November 21, 2023

induced seismicity

F1 Classic World Championship 

F1 2000 Series - Round 1 Melbourne


The good news: Out of 10 drivers, I qualified 7th and finished 5th. Not bad considering the tough time I had learning the car. It reminded me a bit of those nightmare Racin Nexus mods, at least until I conceded and switched on the TC and the ABS. For a moment in the race, I even had a thought to finish higher, even get on the podium, as two drivers ahead of me made some big mistakes. But as soon as I caught up with them, they would pull away again. They were definitely faster, and I would make some small mistakes myself.

The bad news: I experienced some lag issues, including warping and blinking cars, particularly during the start, when the cars were bunched together. They're gonna give me another chance in the next race in Brazil, but if there is more lag it looks like I am out of this series. Too bad this league doesn't have a dedicated server. Classic F1 cars are a favorite of mine and the race schedule that mirrors an actual F1 season is just perfect. Reminds me of when I was running in FiHS league a long time ago. 


1 comment:

  1. Happy for you. — Server should be better now hopefully - glad you have enjoyed the race and got the points so possibly you will be all right for the rest of the season unless things happen … like they usually do with older games and online playing. Great debut by Minardi.

    ReplyDelete