Saturday, July 27, 2024

fluent to the sky

 

OPC1 Prototype Challenge Round 2 - Hungaroring 300km

I am leading the race, ahead by more than a minute, when I come into the pits for my first scheduled stop at about 1/3 race distance. The pitstop is usually a little over 30 seconds, so I switch off the engine to prevent overheating as the tires are replaced and the car is fueled up. This has been my standard procedure in all the past OEL races. As the service is nearly complete, I try to switch the engine back on but I get no response. The engine has died and my race is over. 

I had problems with the engine of this car blowing up or dying all throughout preseason testing. I thought I had solved it, but apparently not. And now I've thrown away a victory. I'm gonna turn down the engine a bit more for the next race. The laptimes will suffer but it is more important to get to the checkered flag. I haven't finished a race at all in this series. It's been very frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment