Sunday, June 5, 2022

space doubt

Round 4 of LFR DTM 2015 Series at Zolder. Another race, another 3rd place. But I was closer to the fast guys this time. That's three consecutive podiums after a disastrous Round 1. I had a good practice week despite the fuming distraction. I was able to learn the track and tweak the car and got to within 1 second of the fastest times. Unfortunately I couldn't hit my best lap during Qualifying and lined up for the start in P6.

I did a good race overall, some little mistakes here and there but I kept it on. In the opening laps I had to overtake some guys ahead which came to a battle with Jose Montilla. He defended well, but I got through with a serendipitous move through the first 2 corners. That got me 3rd position and a few seconds back from the two fastest guys. I could somehow keep up with them for a while but as the time came for pitstops they had pulled away. I led 1 race lap because of the pitstop shuffle. After the mandatory stops were completed I was back in 3rd but further behind the leaders. 

I lost the rhythm and was down on pace in the last few laps. Juan Cano closed up the gap and I had to fight for the third place (again) during the final lap. We were side by side in the braking zone for the second chicane when we touched. It was a slight hit, but it was enough to send him spinning into the gravel trap. So I hang on to the 3rd place, but maybe not in the best way. 

The series standings have not been updated but I think with the podium streak and some drivers absent I move into 3rd place overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment