Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Concorde Fallacy


pic by Iker Vera

It's Round 3 of LFR DTM 2015 Series and we are at the legendary Spa track in Belgium. I have raced here many times before and with my car setup optimized from the previous round, the preparation for this race was straightforward and trouble free. I was able to hit my pace instantly and put in consistent lap times. I was in the top 5 during the practice session, a bit behind the fast guys, but that is also because it is long lap. I also had a lower top speed compared to the grid; while most of the drivers setup their cars for the high speed sectors, I was running a bit more wing for the twisty middle sector.

I did not hit my best lap during qualifying and lined up in 7th position for the race start. I was able to avoid the trouble in the first corner and slowly battled my way up. What I gave up in overall top speed I made up in cornering speed and stability. After some drivers ahead made mistakes and an early battle with Sebastian Aguila, I found a way past into 4th position before the pitstops. After the pitstop shuffle I moved into 3rd place. In the endgame I had to battle again with Iker Vera, and just like the previous race in Brands Hatch, he was faster but I was able to hold on for the podium finish.


livery and pic by Shoking01

No comments:

Post a Comment