Sunday, June 12, 2022

the plot armor thickens


Round 5 of LFR DTM2015 Series at Adria, a track I've never raced at before. The first laps of practice are about learning the layout. And I don't like it all. A couple of short straights and mostly slow corners, hairpins, and chicanes. I feel sluggish and lazy around here. I can't find the pace at all.

True enough, during the free practice session I am down in the doldrums, about 2 seconds off the fast guys. Early on it's clear that the podium streak is over. I qualify P19 out of 24 cars. Seems like I am slowing down too much for the tight turns, or I am late on the power at corner exit, or both. Such a wild and wacky race, too, with a restart needed because of numerous incidents. When the race finally got underway I am in the thick of it and get hit and spin around, dropping to dead last. I recover up to P13 but out of the points.

I hate this feeling, not being able to extract my maximum, knowing there is more speed but I just couldn't find it. On to the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment