Saturday, October 29, 2022

dead sure


A few hours before the big event, OEL 4 Hours of Misano... I am doing some practice laps when suddenly my videocard fails. I hope that it is a one time thing, restart the pc, and load up the rFactor. A few laps in and the same failure occurs. Ok that is it, something has gone wrong. 

I try a few things; re-installing drivers, switching up cables, a quick cleaning of the internals. The problem persists. I cleanup my hard drive and free up some space. I disable some background apps. Didn't seem to help at all. Done all I can for now so I decide to just follow my sleep schedule and wake up fresh before the race.

I think it could be an overheating problem, so I open the case up and place a fan to direct air through it. I log on and enter the track and all seems to be going well. Until the videocard crashes again and I give it up. I send a message on the Discord saying that I am withdrawing from the race. It is not good to run in this condition.

I got two days or so to try and fix this or maybe replace the videocard, before the final round of Racin Nexus Super GT. I could still fail to win this series if I DNS or DNF in this last race. A shame to lose the overall victory after winning the first 4 rounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment