Monday, October 24, 2022

extant sextant

 

Round 5 Racin Nexus Super GT Series - The streak is over. I  have never been so disappointed with a 3rd place. Anyway, I still have a healthy points lead in the overall standings and can take the series victory in the final round at Hockenheim. It will be a wet race though, and I don't know if my setup advantage will translate in the rain. 

It was a tough race at Norisring. I was slower at the hairpins; I think it's because I am driving a mid-engine car and just couldn't swing the tail out and rotate as fast as the others. All the other drivers had front engine cars. It could also be why I have been faster at the sweeping high speed corners of the previous rounds. So maybe the advantage I had that got me 4 consecutive wins was a disadvantage here at this tight and short street track.

I also wasn't able to practice as much here compared to the previous rounds. I have had to divide my practice time here with preparations for the OEL 4 Hours of Misano big event. In racing there is a saying that you are only as good as your last race. I must continue working to improve my performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment